WHAT TO DO WHEN A SPILL OCCURS?
For general or light cleaning:
- Brush off loose dirt and hose the cushions down.
- Use a soft bristle brush with a cleaning solution of water and mild soap to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed and let the cushion air dry.
For heavy cleaning of stubborn stains prepare a solution of:
- 1 cup bleach and ¼ cup mild soap per gallon of clean water.
- Allow mixture to soak into fabric for up to 15 minutes.
- Clean with soft bristle brush. (note; this step should be avoided when cleaning the coat/back side).
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Let air dry and repeat if necessary.
Re-treatment of fabric for water and stain resistance will be necessary after using bleach solution (303 Fabric Guard).
Water runs straight through the special foam, while another material, Dacron, ensures that the cushions retain their original shape. Sunbrella fabrics are extremely durable and have the strength to withstand the outdoor elements and common dirt and stains. The high grade of the acrylic fibers used in the water-repellent covers make them very soft and incredibly comfortable!